Mail might not be accepted here for a number of reasons, some of which are listed below. Where possible, mail is rejected during the SMTP session, rather than being accepted and generating a bounce message later. Of course the sending smarthost may turn this into a bounce message. The same rules are applied to outgoing mail as incoming mail.
Mail may be rejected if:
- The domain is not hosted here. Relaying is only provided for authenticated users.
- While a domain may be hosted here, not all addresses at a given domain are valid users so addresses may be unrouteable
- The local part of the address contained illegal characters or was not a valid address
- The sending host is on a DNS blacklist
- The sending host issued an invalid or forged HELO
- The message contained a virus
- The message is spam
- SPF checks indicate the message should not be accepted
- DKIM signature verification fails, or mail purporting to be from a domain that used DKIM is unsigned
May be additionally be greylisted when received from unknown hosts.
If you are having problems sending legitimate non-spam here, please contact postmaster at slice.eddylangley.net, or phone Eddy.